GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

My opinion only - but I feel POG will keep climbing and...

1. 2,639 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 394

My opinion only - but I feel POG will keep climbing and potentially very aggressively

15 years of almost free money via zero interest rates now sees

• Almost every western democracy drowning in massive debt (look at Australian Federal and state debts as an example – they are off the insane chart) and even more concerning with governments at all levels seemingly having zero appetite to reduce spending or pay down their debt.

• Federal, state and local government obsessed with left wing politically correct policy - whilst ignoring the critical fundamentals and core issues that keep countries economically strong (health, education, hospitals, general infrastructure, power, water, farming, defence and so on).

• The creation of massive and growing bureaucracies that are strangling western democracy and economic prosperity with red tape (for example look at today's Australian with its lead story on the ALP/Tanya Plibersek overriding by Ministerial power the Regis Gold mine approval, (based on an obscure Aboriginal claim) despite it passing every state and federal and environmental approval required and Regis having spent $340 million on those approvals. Hard to see anyone being to keen to invest in Australian new mining development based on that example.

• Endlessly growing taxes on workers/businesses and hidden tax on your post taxed money all whilst money is being thrown at anyone who decides not to work.

• A mainly failed, partisan, naive western media (who generally) can’t see any problems with any of the above

The US has led the way in woke/division/spending madness and is IMHO in quite a dire predicament – exploding debt in the trillions with no clear strategy to address same.

The fail safe assumption that $USD is king is no longer certain – given the US Government and Feds never ending printing press approach to the $USD

The music is starting stop – even though that reality is still largely being ignored by the media and political classes – but it will stop - and as the pain and reality of the above hits - I feel POG will rise in parallel

Other nations such as China, India, Russia to name but a few are buying gold in volumes – it will be very interesting if western economies such as the US, UK and Europe suddenly need to also start buying to back their currencies - economies - we could have a good acquisition war and that would explode POG.

My prediction is that the next global crisis will not be a Covid, Climate or any other hysterical type of "crisis" but rather it will be a savage reality check by way of a severe "debt bomb" hitting multiple western democracies. I suspect we are 12-18 months away from that reality.

Interesting times ahead and great to be invested in solid gold producing companies or exposed to POG

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.