GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-1449

1. 2,454 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 68
    I'm still around. Call me crazy, but will go short gold tonight. I will get out of my position if it breaks through the 2015 high. And, yes, I realise the NFP number is on Friday. It's out every month.

In my view, a strong NFP number should put pressure on the Fed to raise rates. I don't see why the Fed will worry about the Britain EU referendum. In the past, they've said it wouldn't impact their decision on raising rates in June. Although, who knows these days! In my view, the euro is a disaster. Gold has had a good run. But, when the euro and yen reverse course, gold should crash.

Of course, if Britain stays in the EU, we could see a massive euro rally. ATM, the euro is rallying purely because the pound is selling off. Punters getting away from the risk. So, if Britain stays, perhaps we could see a pound rally and euro sold off. It's really hard to figure out. Any ideas?

Anyway, then in late July you've got republican convention. That is, if Trump doesn't win the nomination beforehand. I'm at odds what will happen with the dollar. I'd expect, perhaps it could fall heading into the republican convention based on risk/fear. Or, perhaps it could rally.

Anyway, if Fed looks to raise rates in June, gold could fall. Thoughts?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.