GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-1870

1. 41,084 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1007
    If you saw the GFC coming, why would you continue to average down on your funds? Did that also mean SGP MGR were also averaged down bcoz it never recovered post GFC.

Those advertisement for construction related skills were during the post earthquake construction or current? I won't argue with you if you see construction boom currently as I live on the wrong side of Oz let alone NZ. We in the west went through a mini commodity boom post GFC during the Chinese mother of all stimulus and has been tapering off since the start of 2013. It had taken 2 years before the lagging employment crisis in this sector kicked in and now it is in a depressed stage. We could see it coming here but an accurate timing is always difficult.

Gold on the other hand is rallying and I won't speculate on the fundamentals since that is clearly a subject best explained hindsight. You may not look at the XAUAUD but I do and if one is astute, some goldies are tracking this price quote for a closer price valuation. I have no reason to hate any sector provided my exposure is in sink with it. Being a Long only investment in stocks, I have no reason to but head with the bear trends of all commodity sectors. BHP/FMG were once contemplated long but I had to be honest with my strategy rather than gut feel feeling! Consequently I missed the low bounce but that is entirely satisfactory with the strategy I was pushing. Never worry about the missed opportunities instead focus on capital preservation. We are not in boom sentiment in any asset class even though the stock indices are indicating. Only a fool thinks the stock market indices are reflective of the economic measurement currently. hat is not to say I want to butt head and start short selling indices or bull stocks. Riding the trends until it bends so I think the bull trend is sustainable so far.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.