GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Hi Rise... ;) If you look at gold prices in the month of January...

1. 574 Posts.
    Hi Rise...
    If you look at gold prices in the month of January (i looked back from 2007 to 2015) you would see in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015. Gold up.

The Fed’s previous hiking cycle took place from June 2004 through June 2006, when it increased by 25 basis points 17 straight times. Gold climbed in those years.

A sharp sell off since the November election puts the money metals in oversold territory. They ought to be due for a bounce soon. Whether that bounce represents a move off the final bottom in this correction remains to be seen.

The longer term fundamentals continue to be constructive. Gold and silver both face a supply crunch as soon as next year as mining output declines. HSBC analysts now forecast that the silver supply deficit will grow to 132 million ounces in 2017. Credit Suisse says its bullish gold outlook remains intact due to longer-term interest-rate expectations, uncertainty, wealth preservation, central-bank buying and mine supply.

It's not all doom and gloom in my opinion, have a good xmas and new year mate and to all the other posters here.....
    Last edited by GrandJury: 23/12/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.