GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-19707

1. 12,259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3833
    I was just stating a fact from the article. Once the Toshiba share price fell through the daily 20% limit on Wednesday the stock was suspended from trading for the rest of the day (ie was not allowed to continue to trade freely) . Just like Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena shares were suspended (not allowed to trade freely) on Tuesday after falling too fast and hard. The same rules don't seem to apply to gold on Crimex, do they now? The banksters have free rein when they effect their short raids on its "price".

http://eurotlx.com/en/node/8207

As for my Xmas call on the S&P500. I've just always said that the index looks very toppy to me, with about 34 failed breaks above 2100. The latest break out is no more valid than those that came before it IMO and I don't gamble on indexes in any case so it concerns me very little. It seems we aren't allowed to have opinions on these threads according to some and apparently looking at the raw chart of the S&P500 index is supposed to tell me all I need to know. I personally don't subscribe to this blinkered mentality. To me when I look at the S&P500 chart all I see are warning bells. I suppose I could just subscribe to your contradictory mantra of "not knowing where price is going" but at the same time knowing exactly when to jump on a price reversal trend. If you don't know where price is going you can't know a reversal has truly occurred, by definition. The whole point of beating the market is figuring out where price is going, not based on a chart but based on the expected cash flows of the companies you invest in. It's actually not rocket science. Pick a profitable gold company with high margins, a small PE multiple and well enough mine life to see the PE through. Then stick with that company while their story remains on track, all the time ignoring the volatility in the share price as long as the profitability remains intact. This way it's hard to go wrong.

P.S. On the Toshiba situation which is a bit off-topic, I'm not exactly sure what the below statement from this article is supposed to convey but it doesn't sound so good to me and because of the accounting scandal in 2015 Toshiba are prohibited by regulators from issuing shares on disallowed. Sounds like their NAND flash memory business is all they can sell to raise capital.

http://itapunta.com/2016/12/30/toshiba-shares-lose-quarter-of-value-after-loss-warning/

"As of end-September, Toshiba had shareholders' value of 363 billion yen, or only 7.5 percent of benefits, which could fall near zero if the organization is compelled to log noteworthy misfortunes."

Eshmun

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.