GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Hi Average Joe and all, That old money business was once an...

1. 3,971 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 185
    Hi Average Joe and all,

That old money business was once an issue as the new wealthy were frowned on by the well-known British family surnames.

These days it’s just not de-rigueur to speak of something as distasteful as old money, particularly when the large old family fortunes often came about from pillage from the British colonies, the slavery trade, child labour, spoils of wars and other unsavoury methods.

Many of the big British banking names do not openly talk about how their money was made; whilst Switzerland claimed to be neutral they handled money for Germany and British and French during both WW1 and WW11.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switzerland_during_the_World_Wars

It gives me great personal pride to say I made all my own money from my own hard work and skills I doubt I would enjoy it so much if I thought my money had come about from second hand Gold teeth, slavery or something equally distasteful.

Your almost antisemitism views towards those that wish to buy, hold, store and eventually sell Gold does not reflect well on you if you don’t mind me saying. Neither do your comments about my car collection, inverted snobbery is also up there with that old green eyed monster jealousy; however, it sounds like you have lived with it for a while so I’m sure you will manage in the future.

The Bentley won’t come from paper gains either; I left the money in the UK for it after the very real partial sale of my 2016 RSG share sale.

Cheers and very best regards: Andy

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.