GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-22633

1. 7,702 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    @Skol
    Actually school / College year in US ends Late May /early June (start of the summer), the opposite to Down Under (There's a short break over Xmas /New Year, and they are not counted as school leavers).
    Perhaps Unemployment ticked up because the Participation Rate ticked up, which raises its own separate question...who knows.
    Earnings were the disappointment.
    This has gotten beyond a joke. @martis "predicted" 1,230, I suggested closer to $1,213. I think I was closer.
    What's it all worth? Nothing. Still a better weekly close than last week, yes.
    "Gold isn't buying the fictional dow movements..... 1230 is approaching"
    I, for one, never mentioned the DJIA (DOW), but all US Major markets indices rose in a non-trivial manner (up 0.55% to 1.5%). The small caps were particularly impressive $SML and $RUT (but for self-evident reason, the're generally more volatile.

Oddly, the one that bare barely scraped into the green was $HUI (Chart below, red rectangle). If anything it looks like US gold stocks "weren't buying" the gold price movement. These are called "facts" and I have no explanation for this discrepancy, none. @martis please explain it to me, I certainly don't understand it.
    I have a need to know, since you seem to know exactly where price is going, and I am long NST, SAR.
    There are also commonly known as "markets", "major markets", and not to be lightly ignored, unless you are bigger and more all-knowing than all of them. Ignore them at your own risk.
    "1230 is approaching""
    Well, yes, gold ended the week $1,119.9 - $1,220.04 - $1,220.20, depending on Data Provider. Let's not quibble. We'll say $1,220 even. And yes if it goes up, then $1,230 is higher than $1,220. No doubt about that at all. And if it goes down, $1,210 is less than $1,220. No sure how this adds to the sum of human knowledge here.
    I think @marri mentioned "So you have lowered your expectations:last night you said '1240 is on the cards'. Perhaps you will explain this change in forecast?" Post 22363583
    Now "$1,250 next week".
    Exactly how and from where do you contrive these ostensibly arbitrary numbers, which are invariably wrong (but will surely one day once be right)? Care to share the secret? Prof. Analysts give their rationale (and are also generally wrong). I don't care what the rationale is, so long as it's credible, evidence based. Then we can assess them.
    Maybe it doesn't matter, since people seem to like them (very many TU, but one expects no less from a Heart), that's what they want to hear.

I'd rather go and listen to Bruce Springsteen live (tonight, Saturday, Meb.), who generally does seem to get it right - foolishly, I never saw him in the almost 1/4 century I lived in NY. I got no problem admitting to my own blunders. Saw everyone else though. Of course this means I had better be profitable next week, else the creditors come knocking at my door Monday..... so I too would like gold to continue rising, breaking next resistance, believe me.
    US Major Market Indices 3 Feb, 2016:

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.