GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Ausmetals. I see a major problem with Trump working closely with...

1. 2,731 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 107

Ausmetals.
    I see a major problem with Trump working closely with China.
    I think he has created an unnecessary problem in confronting China, particularly the military confrontation in the South China Sea, which he inherited from Obama, but has since ramped up. Highly counterproductive IMO.
    I think China understands America's concern and bellicose rhetoric over North Korea, but they don't understand and won't accept US interference in the South China Sea. It's just further evidence to them that the US expects its world hegemony to continue at every other country's expense.
    I don't write the IMF off. The SDR is a world reserve currency "waiting in the wings".
    The IMF is a world bank in its own right, with a substantial gold bullion holding. It belongs to no single nation, and now importantly, the Yuan is included in the SDR basket of currencies. It's now possible for non-US members to over-ride the US voting power in the IMF. The SDR Looks like a candidate to me.
    The moribund Economies of The US and major parts of the Euro Zone, the winds of political change and the colossal and unserviceable debt and derivatives overhang which can't be serviced by "normal" interest rates are, IMO, the pincers which will force the hand of TPTB.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.