GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-23938

1. 784 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 76
    @Proctalgia FWIW - I am looking for a run up in the gold price to 1280 - 1300 in the near term. If it breaks below 1220 (my noted area of support) I'll probably jump out for a bit or sell my trading bundle. I expect some patches of strong resistance along the way and a March rate increase is something I am keeping an eye on. But from April and beyond I think we are off to the races. Todays price action gives me greater confidence that a push beyond immediate resistance at 1242 odd is still on. The bounce back from 1227 odd has been an impressive one for me. I've a core holding for the longer term and trading bundle that I use to try and increase my over overall position via the peaks and troughs with varying degrees of success.

All of that short term stuff said - I see a system so loaded with systemic risk and such strong ss and dd fundamentals for gold that if you aren't trading the ups and downs and are happy to ride the kinks then sit tight as I think the picture out to 2018 and beyond looks like a good one for gold (and even more so silver).

I go for a mixture of blue chip like Newmont and Newcrest and some more "leveraged" smaller plays like RMS which has been a stand out for me over the last 15 months plus. There are also some excellent NYSE and TSX junior goldies about that I think offer major potential upside if you believe in a weakening USD over the medium to longer term as I do.

I've a good feeling gold will deliver some good upside in the year(s) ahead. Sit tight. Identify your loss tolerance levels and stick to the plan. Patience will reward IMO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.