GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-24068

1. JFI
    6,837 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 304
    Wrong again Skol.

In the 1960's Alan Greenspan wrote a paper on the Gold standard and how it related to the positive benefits on the wider economy. Many were disappointed when he became Fed head that he moved away from this way of thinking. Now that he is much older he is realising that perhaps if things had been different the debt and spending would not have become out of control and the global economy would not find itself in this financial and monetary system.

As a note many upper echelons still regard Greenspan very well and have a high regard for his work. It is likely his jotting of a return to a gold standard would not be ignored or taken lightly.

Bernanke as it goes was 1/10 as good an economist as Greenspan in my mind. Greenspan's understanding and pioneering of computer trading systems is unparalleled and I would be careful not to dismiss him. It may have taken someone of Greespan's gravitas to keep us unbacked and show the system for what it is which will in time lead us now back to a gold standard.

JFI

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.