GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Their eye-watering pronouncements about the gold price going...

1. 33,110 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1402
    Their eye-watering pronouncements about the gold price going stratospheric bear no relation to the beliefs of sensible people that gold is a hedge and a store of value that is as necessary & relevant as it has ever been in a time of unprecedented credit creation, unparalleled currency debasement, global insecurity and mounting war risk.
    =======

I've been hearing all that for years, right here on HC, but gold's still in a bear market and imo will be for some time yet. As I've mentioned many times, I'm a fan of history, and once a bear market starts it can take a long time to end, in the case of gold in 1980 it took 20 years to break out again.

There's always something bad happening in the world, but actually the world is a pretty peaceful place at the moment.

I can't possible see how gold's a store of value when it was $1,920 in 2011 and $1,197 now, how does that work?

I'm no devotee of The Donald, but if he manages some tax break for US companies that'll be a whole new ball game for US stocks.

http://www.euronews.com/2017/03/14/boeing-aerospace-manufacturers-back-us-tax-overhaul

A bear market.......

Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 10.11.55 am.png
    Last edited by Skol: 15/03/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.