GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-282

1. 43,504 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1026
    I have always warmed to gold just not sharing the same mind set as gold bugs and conspiracies. You already know my position regarding owning physical gold. I don't want to drag that debate out again as it is pointless.

China is just following Japan during the hey days if you ask me. They are also suffering the same disease of complacency when in the boom years. Inefficient use of capital for large scale projects anticipating future usage and buying up international assets. They are not so clever afterall. None of their foreign high profile IO mines have return a cent. Meantime they are continuing to buy high profile assets globally. Club Med, Kailis comes to mind and there are many more that I can't be bothered to read up.

You can't get any more manipulated than Shangcomp! Draconian rules that are constantly changing their goal post. The govt is cleverly engineered hot money flowing from Stocks to real estate, then flow back to stocks and now going back to properties. This is setting up very bad for their credit expansion if you read Soros's views. I am not looking forward if China should trigger a selloff from the way commodity prices are behaving for a number of years. We here in the West will feel the full scale of that force in fact in the eye of the storm currently!

If SHTF then I think gold will behave like an asset class as profits are taken just like GFC. It is not a store of wealth under these circumstances especially this time the experiences of QE is not gold friendly! Schffy is arguing on flawed fundamentals...

However gold through the producers have a home in my portfolio but rolling a loaded dice is not my style. I will gladly give up all those multi bagger returns for an easy night rest and hold my positions comfortably without market noise stressing me out.

Good luck holding physical as insurance.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.