GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-3390

1. 9,811 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3495
    hi avgjoe

from my perspective you seem to only understand or at least frame your terms as a technical chartist

i dont trade like you. i find your approach very limited personally. i dont think you understand what drives gold price. ie low real interest rates, fiat risks and USD in that order.

my entry last November was based on economics - not charts. the US signalled fast deceleration in growth, the twi USD was at a 10 year peak and both Japan and Europe were going negative interest rates. So you had big demand for gold out of 2 major economic blocks - and the final impediment - USD and US demand - were stalling out

thats why I entered. long term trends tend to be ignited by big such economic inflections. thats what sets off the 'pulse' or 'wave' of capital support. technicals then guide it.

the further you get from the ignition point the more technicals dominate and economic forces can lose their power.

which is what is happening now.

but also important to recognise that economic 'waves' tend to move in a wave and so its common that you get slowing growth - then an apparent short term pick uo - only to then see growth stop when moving into a recession

its why historically FOMC first rate increases in a new tightening cycle have corresponded with recessions.

the USD weakening initiated by initial weakness drives an offsetting short term lift into commodities and related businesses and relieves pressure on manufacturers. but its usually not sustained

ive explained all of this repeatedly but it doesnt seem to be getting much traction

which is fine. im not asking you to see the world how i do,

but its still trading. and its absolutely long term trend based.

while i dont use elliott wave theory myself - the unerlying philosophy of that apporach is very close to how ive found the economic and investment world to operate.

ive developed my own mesh of approaches to surf it

wow - really should have bee drinking some wine for this kind of s=talk
    Last edited by goldbear77: 28/05/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.