GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-3397

1. 43,673 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1030
    I never shy away from a good debate. Here are a couple of point I find very contradictory in your methods and strategy. I am not saying they are wrong.

XAUUSD D1 to Nov 2016
    gold.png

Green arrow denotes trend direction, not a trend line! Like they say get a child's opinion of trend direction, I don't need indicators. just look left to right. As you can see, as of Nov 2016, is the trend down or up? A simple question.

You claim to be a long term trend trader so I am being pedantic. Is that long term on the short or long side? That is because I tried looking as hard as I can tell, I don't see this as uptrend. I refer to time frame because one man's long term down trend on a daily can be another's long term bull trend on the 15M/1H/4H. I was trying to be specific so we are referring on the same page.

This is what you said......

" while i dont use elliott wave theory myself - the unerlying philosophy of that apporach is very close to how ive found the economic and investment world to operate.

ive developed my own mesh of approaches to surf it

wow - really should have bee drinking some wine for this kind of s=talk
    "

It does not matter what type of "mesh of approaches" you adopt but the basic trend trading principle has been violated the minute you took a long from the right side of that cut off Nov 2016 date you claim you went long. Buddy this is not trend trading in any one's language, it is called bottom picking for a reversal.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.