GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-34364

1. 41,963 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1017
    I hope you realise QE punch bowl has been taken away/tapered completely for quite a few years. In all that time the big US companies have been making sustainable profits. This is not investors buying stock boosting net profits but because of it.

From a CB perspective the inaction by Greenspan trying to fix the dot com bubble replaced it by another bigger one. If the Feds do not start reducing the bond holdings, it will become insolvent at some point using mark to market measurement if it keeps buying the bonds.

I am trying to figure out what happens when bond yields start rising for gold price? Flip the 10yT and you see that from 2016 it is very negatively correlated to gold price. The Correlation moved in and out of sink but currently is back in sink. My opinion if Feds start reducing bond holdings, it is bearish for gold so the classic buy and hold gold stocks are over. Swing trading until the gold bull trend gets traction. Long term from 2011, gold trend is still bearish and nothing has changed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.