GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-390

1. 41,173 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1007
    Skol, that is amusing! I am not sure what the actual debate is anymore? The contents of the response is getting blurred.

There is a place for any portfolio to have Gold whether physical or gold producer equities. The question is whether the exposure is going to have holding cost as opposed to opportunity cost. It is a very emotive metal because the owners make it that way. What I have learned in life is that any asset class has a cycle of strong to weak demand and anywhere in between. If one constantly talk themselves to a metal that possess special value proof store of wealth then I can see why they need a constant doom scenario/market crash to keep the enthusiasm. There is nothing special about this metal and its use will be highly dependent on the nature of the economic conditions.

No doubt the debate will rage on as people prep for the market crash doom scenario that may or may not happen. I especially find it amusing by the use of biblical premonitions to influence thinking and trading. They seem no bound to human imagination. At least no one is talking of mercury spin speed influencing human reactions as in Astro Trading. You'll be surprise how niche mind set can come out of the woodwork usually when they find a hindsight link. Same goes with EW/Gann and Fibo magic numbers.

Watching and reading with amusement. So what happen yesterday with that PM dump? PPT or Feds at work? Or simply running out of bulls in an extended move?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.