GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

"In rural SAust lending for real estate has been tightening for...

1. 40,966 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1003
    "In rural SAust lending for real estate has been tightening for a while."
    -------------------
    Doesn't that support the view of that article from smh? RBA macro prudential directive on the big banks have been instigated as far back as 2015 if I recall through capital reserve increment backing loans to tight restrictions of interest only investments. You can add that the 2 major Oz cities were in addition fueled by Chinese property speculators and with the help of the Chinese authorities for other reasons coincided with the severe restrictions of moving money out of China all optimising the sudden collapse of demand for off the plan condos etc...

Opportunity wise, the CBA troubles 2H of last year were great opportunities to be buying as the media shouted from roof tops on the bank's issues. Unfortunately I got sucked into this bad news sentiment so I was looking at the chart for a heavily discounted compelling buy at the $70 level which never materialised. Very difficult to be contrarian to wait for really bad news to buy banks but that is the only way. I can't say the opposite especially stock indices of euphoria rally to be shorting! That is a bet only for a quick gain but if you follow JFI sentiment of waiting for marlet collapse, you are likely to go broke before the market yields.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.