GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

I think its big as well, and I concur with your reasons. The...

1. 2,731 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 107
    I think its big as well, and I concur with your reasons. The dots are getting ever easier to join and the picture clearer.
    Something big is now going with silver. China is offering an 8% Premium for the metal. That's enough to ensure that large sales go through shanghai and HK. The premium offered on gold is now insignificant. It now looks like China has accumulated sufficient overseas gold and now they are hell bent on grabbing as much silver as possible.
    I like both au and ag, but I believe the value/weight density of gold gives it the pride of place as a future monetary backing. Maybe the Chinese have a different view. They are both money so why not " corner" the market with both.
    Trumps trade war is aimed at China but it's a blunt instrument likely to produce a lot of collateral damage on allies. He doesn't seem to care. Trumps constituency has been hurt badly by several decades of deprivation so it goes over well.
    Tick tock. March 26 is shortly upon us. I expect some unfriendly US military behaviour around this date and will be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't happen..

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.