GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Yes I think Trump would like to fix the US economy. Only a...

1. 2,730 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 107
    Yes I think Trump would like to fix the US economy. Only a couple of problems stand in his way.
    They are, as I see them, 21 trillion dollars of government debt (and growing fast), and a largely de-industrialised nation which imports almost all consumer durables except some of its cars. The US pays for these imports by issuing ever more IOUs in the form of US Treasury bills. The main manufacturing sector is devoted to making weapons of mass destruction and is dependent on government money, a bill which taxpayers will ultimately pay.
    The country hasn't balanced a budget for decades and doesn't know how to any more..
    How do you turn something like this around? You don't. You have a reset where you default on your debts.
    Those trillions of dollars "printed" out of nowhere and sent around the world aren't going to magically disappear. They're ultimately heading back to the US to create hyperinflation.
    I know Trump understands all this. He said as much during his presidential campaign. Now president, he has to pour a little honey on the true facts to make them more palatable.
    He will not succeed. He will preside over the coming economic reset.
    In his favour, He's had plenty of personal bankruptcy experience to help him manage what is coming down the pike.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.