GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-42810

1. 650 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 59
    An oldie but a goodie from mining.com

http://www.mining.com/web/will-next...istory-predicts-amazing-run-gold-gold-stocks/

What really has me curious is this. We see elements of the early 70s crash caused by high debt playing out now. Everyone, everywhere in one way shape or form is leveraged to the eyeballs.

On top of this we see conditions similar to the dot.com boom developing at the same time, created partially by the above point.

$160 us per share for FB. Got to be kidding me!
    Do people think a social media website is really worth that?
    Have people forgotten Myspace?
    Websites come and go, simpily data on a page. How can this be so?

Never mind Apple whos sales are floundering because you can only sell ice to eskimos so many times before it gets old. Note to Apple, innovate!
    Come up with something better than just the next Iphone.

Alphabet, Netflix etc. For the price of an Alphabet share, I think of the top of my head I could have something like 50 shares in an electricity wholesaler like AGL.
    Last I checked you need electricity for these things and unlike Alphabet, AGL pays dividends.

We also are experiencing a post GFC hangover to boot, an experiment in helicopter money the likes of which the world hasnt before experienced. An unexpected exercise for which no one knows how it will play out.

Finally ......

In addition we see China and Russia flexing its new found Geopolitical backbone, useless US posturing on trade considering that China has the US by the balls, known as US treasuries and an EU block that is as about as useless as tits on a bull in the face of Russian and Turkish aggression, because its adicted to keeping its lights and heaters on, thanks to Russian natural gas.

All this just simmering away as if the western world thinks she'll be right.

Watch the news and you would think the biggest problem in the world is wether  I should refer to a friends transsexual non binary 11 year old using traditional pronouns, or should the government legislate that I use this new termanology or be jailed for hate speach.

Im not a doomsday scenario person, however I know one simple truth. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction! We participants in the marketplace would refer to that as a correction.

We have had our debt fueled bull market, asset prices are extremely stretched and It can only be a matter of when, not if.

Problem is that could be next year or next month! Oh and my crystal ball has run out of pixie dust!

Oh and how interesting it would be if a correction was fueled by unexpected interest rate decision from the Fed tonight coupled with highly leveraged people bailing from Facebook at a loss.

And dont forget about those bitcoins!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.