GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Agree with almost all of that. The only bit I'm not convinced...

1. 4,679 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    Agree with almost all of that.

The only bit I'm not convinced about is calling central bank action manipulation. Obviously they have the muscle to drive a direction, I don't see that as manipulation though. It is no more than the central bank choosing using the options they have to drive an outcome they want. There is (should be) enough financial muscle elsewhere in the universe to counteract the action if it is felt the monetary policy is going too far in a particular direction. Again supply and demand determining direction.

Average Joe in the street (pardon the pun) has no power to influence as the big players operate in a different world. We jus have to try our best to predict what might happen, usually based on historical reactions and basic economics.

Probably a very good reason why it's wise not to over leverage and not to over extend, be capable of withstanding abnormal directions. Timing is fraught with danger. Have faith in decision making and leave enough to spare to hold out (with consideration to opportunity cost). Markets so seem to have a habit of turning just when all seems lost - and then a rapid turnaround is not unusual - as we all know from a simple look at a chart.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.