GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-45075

1. 7,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 152
    Hi @Andylgo

"Hoarding is such a derogatory word I see saving in any manner as quite a virtue. Storing part of the grain crop during the seven good years looked like a good idea especially when the next seven years didn’t produce much grain."

The Christian tradition offers a wide range of views on money which pretty much allows believers to do what they like.

I was brought up in the Presbyterian "camel through the eye of a needle"-"give your possessions away and follow me" tradition, but the Puritans and their Prosperity Theology descendants will have none of that.

I suspect that the invocation to thrift comes from the later group, and that the Christ of the Bible would kick them out to the Temple with the money changers.

But let's put the Biblical allusions aside and address our difference of opinion, such as it is.
    Which is the wisest? Passive investments (such as gold), or active investments (such as shares).

I think that there is a time and place for both. The weighting of each in portfolio construction and timing will vary with different opinions on the current state of the macro environment and personal appetite for risk.

That you are a good deal more cautious than I is well established and accepted.

All the best.
    Last edited by timber1956: 20/08/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.