GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

I read an opinion piece which has the most logical measure of...

1. 42,865 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1024
    I read an opinion piece which has the most logical measure of the situation. China tariff is just a symptom of a larger strategic issue USA is trying to win over. Intellectual property theft quicken by China 2025 self dependency. WTO couldn’t resolve this on going issue hence Trump took the nuclear option.

The ‘brawl’ with like minded sovereigns will be easily fix through negotiation in the symbiotic nature of that business relationship.

US imports basic low tech products mainly like mugs, t shirts etc. These can be replaced by higher cost imports or domestic production. China imports from US high end tech equipment and know how vital for the China’s 2025 dream. Stealthily they engineer this through US need to expand revenues hence they flock to the biggest untapped market in the world. They have to divulge IP through the JV so China is trying to ‘steal’ this on the cheap.

A very basic comment Trump had tweeted. US stocks are up, china’s are collapsing, who is winning the trade war?

Secondly China are running out or imports to apply tariff. It seems domestic Chinese companies are getting worried if this brawl continues unabated. China will survive but battered. Not something Xi can tolerate face wise hence I believe low key diplomacy on their part is the best option. NK invitation could be one of the olive branches?

I doubt there will be a quick resolution to this tariff war and some triggers will be required to hasten resolution. Perhaps mid-term elections defeats or the Chinese stocks continue to head to the toilets?

Oz markets are also it seem facing a few headwinds of which further property value falls is a possibility together with more rout in the commodity complex. I’m still looking at the dips here but decided on quality instead of high PE fin techs. When Pe in the 60+ and profits are only matching through potential future growths this could be a dot com moment? I’m not sure are generic market crash globally though. I’ve read another opinion suggesting the next crash will not be as severe as the current.

No luck in gold overnight. Is the DXY only a dip again?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.