GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

I can look at any time period you like, name one and we'll...

1. 33,037 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1391
    I can look at any time period you like, name one and we'll compare gold with the stock market, dividends reinvested. 

You'll be surprised what a lousy bet gold is, otherwise people would own it, but most would prefer to own something useful that provides a dividend like property, shares, bonds, farmland etc. Why do you think Bill Holter , Jim Sinclair and all the other gold hawkers promise outsized returns on their gold advertisements? You won't need to be Albert Einstein to figure that out.

Well you need to tell me where these places are I can trade gold without question. The banks, at airport foreign exchanges? Where?

Precious metals are pretty much worthless, they're illiquid, don't provide a dividend, are dangerous to store at home, expensive to store in a secure facility, and they're digging more of it out of the ground every day, and since it doesn't get used up the price has to decline.

Gold forum poster ourlady likes to store his silver coins in the sewer, a pretty tricky and unhygienic business.

Anyway, give me a time period to compare gold with the DJIA which you buy at minimum cost through an ETF and we'll compare.
    Last edited by Skol: 09/02/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.