GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Matter of interest, how do they calculate that when the...

1. 13,079 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2730

Matter of interest, how do they calculate that when the componants of the Dow are not the same as 1913 or the capital losses as a result of components crashing out to nothing?

Kodak sears etc?

Also wondering- I hear the arguements about income paying- but how is this calculated?

Many home Owners have lost it all during bust times since 1913,

Rent income is that gross estimated? what about the rise in holding costs - I know quite a few in property that sold up and haven’t really made much after a decade or more after decducting stamp duties- non payment of rents- insurance- council fees- high income earner levies- ocassional levies like vendor tax- agent fees - regulation

As for farmland - that income is obviously not constant- certainly in oz there are plenty of capital losses from investments in farming since 1913- and many of this investments have high interest which the income
    Doesn’t always cover- hence its is subsidised and supported —

I’m not convinced - whilst on the face of it- those sort of comparisons present to true pictures - the quick comparisons available do not imo tell 100 percent the story of changed components and assume constant positive income and no capital losses

I accept the graphs on the face of it are correct but the information to make the graph imo are strongly misrepresenting the true underlying complexity and are far too simplistic

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.