GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Generally yes.  The degree of inflation is what counts.  That I...

1. 4,679 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    Generally yes.  The degree of inflation is what counts.  That I why we have target inflation rates in the range 2-3%.  Hyper-inflation indicates a poorly run economy and all assets have to outperform to keep real returns at a decent clip.

What er have is 'good' inflation around target range.  I'd debt is out of hand demand would outstrip supply causing hyper-inflation and real problems in the economy.  We simply don't have that scenario and nothing on the horizon to suggest it is heading that way.   Increased money supply is finding its way into innovation and production - as it should.

I agree if inflation was to break out of the optimum range then there would be big trouble and gold price would benefit.  Won't happen though, we are in a new world order where technology is advancing at breathtaking speed and population has reached is peak.  The real danger to ongoing prosperity in the world is not debt, it us population decline. Artificial intelligence might very well take up the slack though.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.