GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

I don't think we will ever know in our lifetime. Believe it or...

1. 373 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18
    I don't think we will ever know in our lifetime.

Believe it or not Skol that is the law.

Extract from Banking act of 1959

Operation of part

(2) Where the Governor‑General is satisfied that it is expedient so to do, for the protection of the currency or of the public credit of the Commonwealth, the Governor‑General may, by Proclamation, declare that this Part, or such of the provisions of this Part as are specified in the Proclamation, shall come into operation, and this Part, or the provisions so specified, shall thereupon come into operation.

42 Delivery of gold

(1) Subject to this Part, a person who has any gold in the person’s possession or under the person’s control, not being:

(a) gold coins the total value of the gold content of which does not exceed the prescribed amount; or

(b) gold lawfully in the possession of that person for the purpose of being worked or used by that person in connexion with the person’s profession or trade;

shall deliver the gold to the Reserve Bank, or as prescribed, within one month after the gold comes into the person’s possession or under the person’s control or, if the gold is in the person’s possession or under the person’s control on any date on which this Part comes into operation, within one month after that date.

(1A) A person is guilty of an offence if:

(a) the person fails to comply with subsection (1); and

(c) there is no instrument in force under section 48 exempting the person from the application of this subsection.

Penalty: 50 penalty units.

You are very Nieve if you think the government dont care about the effects gold can have for a select few.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.