GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-518

1. 43,039 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1024
    Unfortunately you missed the 2004+ mother of all run on the mining sectors wrt stocks. Since you own a mining company you did leverage to the boom. However being so close to ground Zero of the mining game, I am surprised you did not see the boom coming and when it started did not invest in the boom. I am not referring to your business but maybe because of that exposure you deem it unfit to over exposure, I can only guess.

However the investment/trading game is not only resource sectors and money has shifted to other sectors but you are not interested in those gains since you are prepping for a market crash. It will come again and I am not going to be that precise in my anticipations as I was wrong in 2012! I learn never to preempt the market conditions.

Those watching The Big Short and fantasizing their analytical skills should perhap step back and see that these punters were just lucky. The pre-GFC boom could go on for a few years and they get steamrolled through their short positions remembering that it cost a big cost of paying the yields on those positions.

We each have our own personal urgency of capital gains so a prepper looking at the market out of fear is no different to a bull looking for continue cap gains. No one is right or wrong here. The point I am making is not to have a stubborn set bias then go looking for the evidence to support that belief. It should be the other way around hence why gold bugs have been wrong since 2011 because they are frightened by their own set bias whatever the market is telling them. As the market keep rising, they become even more myopic as the clutch on to their fear. In your case, 2002 - 2016, that is 14 years of market crash fear so faith does not get better than that. Good luck.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.