GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Hi all,first time poster in this thread (so go easy haha) and...

1. 99 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    Hi all,

first time poster in this thread (so go easy haha) and have spent the last day or two reading back through previous posts, WOW there's some conflicting opinions on here!

so I've been trading blue chips, speculative stocks etc for the last year via my nabtrade acc but want to make the leap into commodities to diversify my portfolio, plus I believe precious metals (gold) will become the currency backing of the world again when the derivative bubble pops and the central banks fall on their own swords (hopefully) and the Petrodollar gets snubbed by half the world.. also not too keen on the housing market as it's pretty much the only thing that has been holding our economy up the last how many years?

So that is what has lead me towards long term investing into resources and commodities, plus being a fifo mine worker in WA I get to see first hand the demand for our raw materials and metals with a lot of mine upgrades, lease extensions and tonnage increases

I'm am only relatively young (mid 20's) and first to admit I don't know a hell of a lot but was hoping someone would be able to point me towards a thread/website as a starting info block on benefits of holding physical bullion vs trading online, diversifying with silver and platinum, best platform to trade, purchasing via Perth mint etc

sorry for the long post and jacking your thread and thanks in advance for any advice and criticism (constructive haha) that gets thrown my way

regards,
    JP87

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.