GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Assuming you are telling the truth about being a teacher and you...

1. 3,264 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 954
    Assuming you are telling the truth about being a teacher and you actually teach people, I hope you don't address them the way you post on this thread. (Mind you, I have come across many teachers over the years and at least 90% of them come across as having a "know it all" attitude - even when it is clear they don't!).

First of all - where did Forrest state he had "got in"? He merely stated he "got interested".

Secondly - he used the words "about" and "thereabouts". I note gold traded at USD$1160.37 on 13 August last year....which could easily be construed as being "about" or "thereabouts" $1100. ($60 is bugger all in the scheme of things, in fact - the daily spread was nearly $60 that day)

It demonstrates to me that your focus is on the minutiae of an amount which is of such small importance - compared to what the real point Forrest was making (which, for your benefit, was the circa $400 - or 30% - lift in the value of the gold price in just the last 1 year).

I wish you would stop focusing on trying to denigrate posters on this thread. You might get away with it in the classroom with students who don't know any better - but in this sandpit ... you are clearly just a student ... just like the rest of us!! (You proved that with your "big short" play a couple of weeks ago - and it is still 2 months until October).

I have spared myself the dribblings of Skol via the ignore button for some months now. If you don't smarten up - I'll be doing the same with you!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.