GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-54392

1. 285 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 35
    Printing money barely* has any relevance to golds price.

Tightening money supply barely* has any relevance to golds price.

The stock market barely* has any relevance to golds price, Stock market falls barely have any relevance to golds price. Gold has fallen in value during some stock market crashes.

Gold's value is that it is "outside" the banking and government system. It takes that portion of wealth out of the game and is now something the current "system" can no longer see or touch. There's no audit of gold ounces.

Gold's value would "skyrocket" in the event that a large portion of people lost faith in the banking system or the government authorities. Really its the "loss" of faith that makes the value of those bank notes or government notes worthless. Gold didn't change at all.

The financial Game can continue as long as people are happy for it to continue. If people are fine with negative interest rates for loans then the game continues, if a wheel falls off the cart because of negative interest rates then people will not want the game to continue.

The glass ceiling is confidence from the general public. Which is hard to measure and when it shatters it's gone for a long while.

Anyways that's how I see it.

*I use barely because everything has some impact of public confidence
    Last edited by Rollcage: 19/08/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.