GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-552

1. 41,271 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1007
    I recall a post sometime ago when you mentioned you sold out in 2002 because you feared a market crash. I can't be bothered to trawl back to find the post. Anywhere if I misread your post then that is probably what it w since it is all in the past.

I am not here in a pedantic way to pick holes except to say that there could be a market crash but what is the likelihood. Just because we had a GFC melt down some 7.5 years ago does not mean that we should use a magic number 7 and start linking to Biblical prophesy to seek facts as some were alerting! I am not pointing fingers at anyone. They believe what they want to.

The point I am making is we never know what the near let alone the more distant future play out so we can prep for a major disaster. That does not mean we should panic ourselves into a view that we cannot see opportunities right in front of us. Did you see the IOP $70 coming or even the rally of crude oil last week after all the doom talk in the media?

You can just tell from the post contents who the stubborn views are constantly seeking 'evidence' to support their bias. It was the Chinese/Russians absorbing the cheap gold while they can and now the Shanghai fix. Next seeking dots to support the view that some currencies are getting gold backed.

Wouldn't it be better to flip a longer term chart like a weekly and see where the current trend is going? Ther trend is still down. No doubt it is trying to reverse but until it does you are either going to be hopeful or a realist.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.