GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

How is it that gold has risen from a low of recent 1,050 to...

1. 7,702 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    How is it that gold has risen from a low of recent 1,050 to 1,300+ if the price is capped? It's obviously not capped (tho it's true that Gold in the the anti-stock, the anti-Christ, in a sense., and so anathema to Wall St.) It's also true that many of the leads (like...CEO's) in these firms were once commodity traders, and I'm talking firms like Goldman).
    Sure the market makers (banks) manipulate price...and they do it extremely artfully..but predictable... they have to make a living too...but up, down, long, short, what's the difference? So long as they - and you - are on the right side of the trade.
    I think folks need to stop bitching about this, and understand how the market makers work, and play the same games, if they want to be winners i.e. on the right side.

A (very) small number here have gone to very great length to explain exactly how they do work, to great hostility and insult, because it's not the conventional wisdom (which is rarely wise), and if folks would stop with their useless charts and endless seismology-like lines, and complex indicators (always wrong, except perhaps for validation after the event, and again I ask, if everyone is using the same indicators, how can you possibly have an advantage over the next mug? A: You can't), they'd be on the road to grasping how commodities and currency markets work. Does anyone seriously thing the Market Makers are using Andrews Pitchfork or Slow Stochastics? Seriously?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.