GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-64471

1. 44,246 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2012
    Crom, I am impartial to equity or gold because prices do not move in a straight line up or down. Your post suggest that you are stuck in the middle depending upon events and policies be it Reump, Feds or the US-Iran disputes and correctly agree that prediction of the future is futile. You, I or anyone without authority including some with minor authority cannot influence the future. Over the decade, the events (Grexit, Brexit, -ve IR, Trade war, QE, Repo pump etc) have tested the markets completely and it continued the bull run. I take this as resilience of risk equity markets regardless of easy money conditions. I don;t see any changes and in fact if Trump were to lose the re-election, we may get another very aggressive bout of volatility but right now it would appear it is business as usual with Phase 1 signed into law and we get everyone speculation on the size of the growth to propel markets.

My view is that short term the Gold price is prone to fluctuations (this is evident, does not even need to be argued over - it is a fact), and that long term Gold will continue it's ascendancy.

Why?

Because of the move to lower and lower - and even negative - interest rates, QE, debt monetisation, MMT, debt, debt, and more debt, malinvestment.

There is a move away from sound money, away from saving, towards rampant credit creation. Risk is not being accurately priced. Price discovery is being obscured.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.