GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Retail spending may be up in the US, however the average credit...

1. 613 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 121
    Retail spending may be up in the US, however the average credit card debt is over $8,300 with most Americans owning 4 credit cards.
    The average interest rate on these is over 20%. No wonder our great banking friends are encouraging people to spend. They are coining profits from peoples desire to spend. This must at some stage come to a sticky end. Unlike central government individuals can't print money.
    If you add this debt, to the likes of student debt and car loans and mortgage finance I don't think this paints a pretty picture.
    So to my simple way of thinking having an exposure to gold in these uncertain times seems to make sense. That doesn't label me a goldbug, i don't buy in that gold will reach $10,000, but owning a metal that doesn't pay a dividend and has no p/e could be a good insurance for when the wheels start to wobble.
    Warren Buffet doesn't do gold but is sitting on a large amount of cash, which is costing him big time. I think he may be like the vulture waiting to pick on the dead carcasses when the correction comes.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.