GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Im not here debating the truths of economic modelling abd as you...

1. 41,027 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1005
    Im not here debating the truths of economic modelling abd as you are aware our govt in Oz functions more on a keynesian bias hence they promote themselves as economic managers like a household initiated under the Howard years. Is this a good thing?

We sometimes find ourselves reacting to our own fears out of ignorance in a reality where truth is a matter of a belief or faith. Same sentiment when you invest in anything from a gold coin to collectibles, how do we know if it is the right time. Simply put, we don't know when is a right time.

Again im more interested in market reaction or reselience on a longer term basis irrespective of my personal bias, not an intuitive approach. The equity markets which I utilise as the best gauge of risk or growth sentiment over the long term and I'm just referring post GFC specifically in addressing the fears of another episode suggest the economy in US, considered the ground zero of sentiment, is just fine.

USD will be the reserve ccy as long as its military is above everyone elses. It is running out of foes and neoliberals ultimate aim is unfolding, Iran.

Instead of prepping for Armageddon, why not use a more balance strategy of diversity.? Some in gold of any kind, some in equity of different sectors and some in cash and other fix assets like property etc. A 100% equity exposed bull is no different to a goldbug conceptually speaking. Both camps are perceived to know the truth.

If i were to only listen to a voicerous group of diehards here, i would have missed the equity run since 2014 having spent preceeding 2 years earlier prepping for the market crash. I don't know the truth about which economic model is ultimately correct if there is such a measure but MMT has been around for decades. It helped me to fill in some of the holes from current models of which the debt pile debate is at the forefront.

So far no market crash although we came close in Dec 2018. I repeat that at the time i was waiting to buy the dip and thouught wrongly there was another push down before a slow recovery. Wrong on bith front!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.