GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-65078

1. 971 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    People just don’t understand gold - (and I am sort of one of them) but I do understand the fundamentals. Gold is usually the best of the best or the worst of the worst. Imagine losing three quarters of your value over 20 years (1980-2001). It’s no wonder Skol is always picking on gold - he probably lost a heap on gold and vowed vengeance ever since... Let me say this though, gold has not finished its run yet. It needs to be way higher in either USD or AUD.

Gold ran hard from 2001 to 2012, as the numbers show above. Big sharp correction in 2012 and then a slow rounding up. The big difference this time is currencies. Gold in USD is still over three hundred dollars below its top, but in AUD it has been breaking records since 2016 and is now way above all of its previous highs - over AUD 2300. In other words, an aussie gold miner producing gold for $AUD 1300 is making over a $1k per ounce. Multiply that by its production or its near-term production and we understand why Persus is still my pick, but there are also a lot of other companies that have also been great.
    The funny thing is that I believe that we have another year or two to get higher gold prices - I am pretty certain that gold will continue to increase until at least the end of 2020 but more likely to 2021. My pick for AUD gold is $5,000. Why - I don’t know the reason but it will find away. A bit like shares - why is it that when the shares are high, the market finds a reason to drop them. Maybe like now? Sorry Skol!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.