GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-69018

1. 1,674 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 269
    Hopefully you do ok.

As some people have posted here it's no surprise that gold miners can sell off during a crash.

Sell downs of quality shares imo are due to forward looking conditions like everything in the market. In crashes it's perceived supply chain issues and the expectant wealth effect induced by whatever economic turmoil is happening. These are two massive factors which cannot be understated and apply to gold miners but not bullion.

For example all the equipment and mining service providers that the mine relies on; are they going to be ok? If any supporting service is impacted severely enough by a downturn, a gold mine may have to mothball a mine. Sounds strange if gold price is still high, but it makes perfect sense and the risk will be different from mine to mine, some will have lower risk and others higher risk.

The same issue applies to posters talking about fundamentally sound stocks e.g TGR and say 'people will still buy salmon' etc. They don't understand that all the downstream and upstream logistics businesses are affected, and additionally all the joe public customers have less money to spend on salmon due to whatever their businesses / operations / job impacts they are dealing with.

My plan is to wait for corona to stabalise (no idea when). At that point gold will probably sell off to oversold, in what will be a mere pullback in a storming uptrend because there are a host of factors behind gold now; chiefly low yeilds everywhere. That's my time to restock on gold miners. Or, there are some low risk options for now like the gold royalty companies.

Last edited by AdVictoriam: 12/03/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.