GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

The lunatics have taken over the asylum. While I was sleeping we...

1. 1,280 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 310
    The lunatics have taken over the asylum. While I was sleeping we crossed over into an alternate universe and what a strange world it is.
    U.S. job numbers jumped up by 6.6 million in one week making a total loss of jobs to over 16 million in just three weeks. 10 per cent of the U.S. workforce decimated in 21 days and so the stock market reacts by going up 460 points (at time of writing). Another round of stimulus to the tune of 2.3 trillion and so the stock market goes up. It is like watching a runaway train heading to a cliff and there is nothing we can do to stop it. More debt, increasing loss of jobs, supply chain disruption, falling demand and the small matter of a pandemic. To all of us who have the capacity to assess, think and analyse; these are matters of great concern as the flow on consequences will become increasingly severe for all of us. I do believe the war drums will begin to beat as battered economies become desperate. This would make a riveting fiction novel but is not something I like happening in reality. I might go back to bed and hope when I wake up again, find out it was all just a bad dream.

On a side note though, Gold and Silver doing rather well tonight. At least there's that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.