GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-75161

1. 11,785 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6313
    Hey Pointy, cheers for the summary and chart.
    It is a very interesting moment.
    Pandemic wise, Australia literally is the lucky country (yet... we are still one of the most indebted countries in the world)
    We are also highly leveraged to China (pros and cons)
    Then we have a very flexible exchange rate.

It all makes for a roller coaster of a ride. There is of course, some irony in even mentioning the AUD POG, when for better or worse, the global stock markets only focus on the USD price, (yet the rest of the world is seeing record highs in POG- and benefiting, sort of, from USD strength).
    I can only assume, that in years to come, when the USD gold price flys high, yet also slows our own POG price, we will see the true bull run in gold stocks.

Btw - I am guessing you meant to say AUD $2530 for the low in the AUD gold price?

I agree with you about the U.S, yet... it would seem that many in the U.S, simply don't care, and prefer to just push ahead.
    51 states competing for capital is great when you want to see entrepreneurialism, not so great when trying to deal with a pandemic.

I very much agree with you about most stocks falling hard, if POG in USD gets down to $1650 (though some that have undertaken recent raisings, might get played with a bit more). There is real strength in the buying, which makes perfect sense to me, as those with any ability to see a little way ahead, can surely realise, that many blue chips (all stocks really), won't continue to pay the high dividends they paid in the past, the gold sector is going to become a safe haven, even for yield I believe.

I look forward to your thoughts on Monday.

@trent3727 - Sorry, but while I no I am perhaps being pushy, just stating that property as an asset is an inflation hedge and if prices go lower, then that means its bad for gold, provides me with no actual evidence. If you could for example, show me when property prices fell in 2007/2008 onwards in the U.S, which in turn saw gold plunge, then perhaps we could have some tantamount to a factual outcome?

property is a good inflation hedge so if you see real estate under pressure thats good indicator to sell gold

You know what, just to help us both out, here is a simple example, it did take me around 5 minutes, but I don't mind.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2133/2133141-3312dcec5aef211a4b4d8ab6498cb709.jpg

I feel confident, that... I won't be buying any property in the near term, but.. will keep focus on the gold sector.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.