GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

On Saturday morning Hertz filed for bankruptcy. It has 500...

1. 1,279 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 310
    On Saturday morning Hertz filed for bankruptcy. It has 500 thousand cars in its inventory and has to sell them off. It would look like the USA car industry is going to collapse as no one is buying and they can't even accept new deliveries from Japan and Korea as they can't store all the incoming cars. New and used dealers will all be suffering as there are no buyers. Shadow Stats show an unemployment rate of 35% at the end of April and there have been about 10 million added to that number in the interim.
    Commercial tenants are not paying rents, residential tenants are not paying rents and also falling into arrears on credit cards. Many mortgages are in forbearance.
    Lots of Zombie companies out there.
    Restaurants closing in big numbers with little to no prospects of reopening.
    There are a few companies booming but not enough to make up for the losses in the general economy.
    Trump picking up the rhetoric again on China and creating tensions anew especially about Hong Kong and now sending much weaponry to Taiwan.
    There is a lot of tinder in a big pile just looking for a spark to ignite it.

However don't forget the American economy is the best its ever been. I wouldn't be surprised to see more positive moves in the Dow, Nasdaq and S and P.

One would expect Gold to move up on the back of portfolio diversification and safe haven buying.

I take nothing for granted anymore. The Laws of economics and physics are all askew.

It is a matter of playing the long game. Eventually ............... (you know the rest of what I would say).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.