GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Dearest Skoll. I spend a bit of time on this site reading posts...

1. 727 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Dearest Skoll.
    I spend a bit of time on this site reading posts and and trying to gather information (for some years now)..And rarely post myself. But for the life of me I can't figure out what your problem is...
    I have formed an opinion that you simply (and Blindly) think that real estate and the s&p 500 is king, to the exclusion of all else in the investing sphere.
    As an estate agent of some 25 years standing I can tell you that property is a good investment generally..
    At times property will skyrocket in the matter of just a couple of years and at other times it will sit and do nothing or go backwards even.. timing is everything.
    There are good property investments and not so good investments.
    Good companies to buy that do well and others that go broke.
    You could have invested in tulips a very long time ago and made a fortune, or lost one
    Made a fortune during the dot com era or lost one.
    Made a monza on iron ore or lost heaps holding on.
    Bought property near mining towns and looked smart for years only to hold on and basically go broke
    All of life and investing is a bit of a gamble, hopefully based on the knowledge you have gained, trusted advice you have sought and information readily available if you take the blinkers off and allow yourself the opportunity to risk.
    The art is being able to see, understand, be nimble and grasp opportunities as they present.
    Right now its Gold and good gold mining companies. open your eyes and mind to current trends and timing.
    I believe an investment in any half descent gold miner has out performed property probably 5 fold over the last 12 months. and since 2000 gold itself is up over 360% outstripping suburban real estate and the dow quite easily.
    Now from here what happens? Well to each their own call..But I for one wouldnt be buying a million dollar property in Sydney, Auckland or melbourne. or a $500,000 home in Adelaide or Perth in the hope of doubling my money over the next 5 years..But Gold miners. Well, when you weigh it all up...A much better bet, but as always DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.