GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-79103

1. 33,129 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1404
    what distinguishes the past 2 economic downturns to this one ?
    ================

You're new to the thread? Lots of people are, they come and go all the time once they've lost sufficient money.

There's an economic downturn? Depends which industry you're in. If it's the airline, tourism, hotel, rental car business then yes, but not everywhere.

Why has the DJIA made a spectacular recovery? Because punters are expecting it be short-term - it's come as a shock to goldbugs to find that the DJIA has left gold in the dust recently. They waffle on about how a terrific crash is on the way, but they always do, they're always banging on about the latest 'global emergency'. Someone fires a shot in darkest Africa and there's warnings on the gold forum to hunker down and buy gold bars.

According to goldbugs a property crash is imminent, but it hasn't happened. While it's only a microcosm of the big picture I was talking to the builder who's building my new house yesterday. He told me he's had more inquiry in the last 3 weeks than at any time in the last 20 years and that he's fully committed until June 2021.

But...but...what about the ......

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2246/2246138-70ecefbe16624fdbf690b8b55b2ba124.jpg
    ????????????????????????????????????????????//

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.