GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-79886

1. 42,996 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1024
    BBOZ was an partial insurance policy hedging what equity exposure I had been holding Pre-Covid Anticipating instead of V recovery but more a second sell off of which a possibility of a lower high or the opposite.

In 2013 I made the mistake of buying a gold stock thinking LT it would reward me more than the quick few weeks easy 60+% paper gain and I wasn’t buying a spec story either. I’m down about 4 bucks per share with current value 70C. In fact at the time xauusd wasn’t as high as current! At least I learned earlier never to average down!!!

GFC had at least taught me to never take a trend, any trend nor whatever super defensive sector for granted. When the SHTF like March which equates to the 2 phases of 2008, only cash is safe provided there is no fix exposure. BTFD is the order of the day but I’m not going into the averaging down method if I get the timing wrong.

My risk mitigation is to play the weekly swing when I am given the chance for the sake of my past lessons. You only have to look at Tesla or local payment stocks to get a chill running down the spine of dot com era punting? Fallen golden angels of the recent past is still fresh in my mind.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.