GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-81448

1. 1,642 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2389

Gold stock sentiment indicator.
    One article that really caught my attention this morning was Chinas’ threat to limit REE supply to the US.

While I have always known it exists and expected this threat to become a reality, the timing has caught me by surprise.

Things must be a lot hotter in the trade dispute than is being reported.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/rare-earths-china-us-trade-war-threatens-clampdown/

I have always considered REEs as the Chinese trade tactical nuke.

You only have to think what happened back in 2010 to understand what this threat implies.

Could also be a case of putting the boot in while the opponent is on the ground.

Australia has been a leader in REE diversification from Chinese supply.

Watch this space.

The other item of interest is the fall in revenue by US companies by more than 40%.

Mixed results as expected from the US corporate sector.

While expected, money printing and the fed debt super-sopper is doing its’ job.

A sudden drop in air pressure and a perfect storm may form.

This is not necessarily good for gold stocks.

The current rise in the gold price could be taken as a barometric reading of economies and markets.

Plenty of Aussie economic data on the horizon.

Watch the AUD.

A pull back in the AUD and gold stocks could really catch a bid.

Now that gold is finally going where everyone expected it to go, there seems to be a stunned silence from this sector.

Gold stocks are catching a bid across the board, as shown by the indicator.

Leading indicators are maintaining the 60% level. They rarely do this for very long so I anticipate a little consolidation coming up.

Quality juniors are most likely to benefit in the near term.

The AUD is holding up at resistance levels.

Recent rises in US$POG have been offset in A$POG by the strengthening AUD.

This is playing out as I expected a couple of months ago.

From my charting perspective, the AUD needed to rise (or USD fall) to allow headroom for US$POG to move.

I would be perfectly happy to see gold maintain this level for a week or more while the reporting season concludes.

Here is the indicator.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2320/2320232-52ea9d260f9bb55ccc0d5ded948825ff.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.