GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

I cant see a vaccine being available as stated by aug - many cos...

1. 2,718 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 375
    I cant see a vaccine being available as stated by aug - many cos are trialling different compounds but they all need time to see how they affect the recipients. After a year, we may have the data needed to narrow the current trials down to one or two drugs? Based on Safety and Efficacy. Not based on the expectations of bean counter politicians thinking they can tell drug cos and researchers to "make a cure now".
    Sure a gov can say they have a vaccine - they can inject everyone willing - or otherwise - but that doesnt mean its gonna work or be safe.
    Being a virus which changes - it is also unlikely that we humans can manufacture a drug that can provide immunity to the virus. What we may be able to create is a drug that helps fight the virus by inhibiting our own internal response to the infection - such as pumping the lungs full of fluid to attack the virus which in turn causes respiratory distress.
    Of course news stories will come out regarding vaccine trials and break thrus as without that hope, markets will drop and civil unrest could rise as people locked out of work start getting fidgetty.
    Im sure medical breakthroughs will ensure we limit the loss of life from CV19 but that doesnt change the fact that so many people have died and many more will.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.