1. 13,116 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2763
    lol mate

I often get confused with your stuff

you mentioned 1975 Im sure

you've mentioned 1986 (see below)

and now 1987,

this was you're last one,
    I still own a house I built in 1986 for $120,000, now worth $1,200,000 + 34 years of rent.

but now 1987, sounds like you now scooped it up after the 1987 crash and then built, certainly sounds better than 1986

of course you said the building cost, forget about the land acquisition costs?... but still good return as is the gold example above

yes you got rent , no loss of tenants for a second over the entire 34 years - awesome -and gold didn't,

but you spent time to manage or you paid someone else,
    spent money on interest and bank fees,
    spent a shiffload on capital costs over 34 years to maintain the rent, repairs, ;or was the tenant gladly paying rent for 34 years and enjoying the same carpet, tiles and kitchen
    letting fees, oh year same tenant 34 years
    insurance,
    council,
    land tax,
    income tax,
    accountant fees, yada yada yada -

something some property investors fail to disclose- its always property and rent, no costs ever get mentioned, ever, certainly not by you ---

and if you wanted to sell to get what its worth on paper - it in most circumstances takes more time and more money and is limited to the market you are in, gold however has an advantage, it has far more daily liquidity and is bought and sold all over the world , )not everyone has a thing for property in NZ burbs or OZ burbs for that matter) - gold market is standard and global...

Each has their merits

but you wanted a comparison before over a longer time, i gave you one from old dude in 1975,,,return is good, and if he moves his weatbix and wanted to sell he could probably have it done by 10 aM Monday morning, and no tax - as it was its prior to 1983.

Anyway we can debate this for years,

Lets do something constructive - whats the name and code for the natural resources fund your in that made 50% in the last few months you mentioned.

Thanks

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.