GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Trivia For what it’s worth - listening to a professor last night...

1. 13,079 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2730
    Trivia For what it’s worth -

listening to a professor last night it was clear why the stock split of Apple prompted a reorganisation of the dow components

- the dow unlike its peers weighting’s is calculated on price - yep price - hence the coming fall in Apple share prices as a result of the split was going to cause a fall In Weighting’s and index headline number and to stop that a change was needed - says a lot about why share buy. Backs are preferred on that index Imo

anyhooooo

Great Depression - imo was caused by a totally unregulated stock market, which was built in excess and easy margin loans that crashed in 1929 shortly after a 20 percent interest rate rise - the collpase and huge loan losses caused banking runs - collpase in output Etc etc etc and there was problems in agriculture - followed by mass unemployment resulting in other major falls in output and so it spiralled -

gold confiscation was a master stroke in USA government being able to revalue its new holding which it then borrowed against as it rebooted- it also rebooted and invented rules and regulations which were totally absent in a stock market built on easy margin credit

anyway just my view - I do not believe the gold standard was the basis and primary cause of the Great Depression - easy credit and Excess debt which imploded in a totally unregulated stock market was the cause imo - getting off the gold standard and the manner in which the government did it was an ingenious to create an asset to borrow against and reboot an economy which has imploded due to debt and shattered not only itself but it’s trading partners

In other news - euro rebounds- gold smashed back towards the low of 1911 last week couldn’t get there and finished the day at the same location - hyper mr 1000 was trading hard

market now obsessed with fed Powell’s upcoming speech on Thursday

good luck

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.