GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Well August was certainly quite some month and I can't remember...

1. 1,279 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 310
    Well August was certainly quite some month and I can't remember a period with such volatility.
    We have had many "chicken little" responses with a suggestion of Gold going down to $400 per oz and up to a rather ambitious $50,000 per oz.
    The amount of bombing runs to try and suppress prices has smacked of desperation and yet Gold has held up rather well considering the huge number of paper contracts dumped onto the market. Central banks open admission to create inflation and effective bond rates at or below 0% helped to balance derivative interference in price discovery.

Gold in USD opened at $1974 and closed at $1967  a drop of .37% (approx) -  
       Aud  opened at $2739 and closed at $2667 a drop of 2.5% (approx)-
    That prices remained pretty stable for the month indicates strong demand and continued inflow to safe haven strategy.

Silver in USD opened at $$24.30 and closed at $28.14 a gain of 16% (approx)
    AUD opened at $34.19  and closed at $38.15 a gain of 11.5% (approx)
    This is a pretty remarkable price gain for silver and indicates increased demand which has started to override historical price suppression.

In my view Gold looks very "safe" and stable while Silver looks set up for a long and large run up.
    As always time will tell.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.