GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-84949

1. 19,806 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 636
    I have been reading about how the Indian jewelry market has shrunk considerably. There has been many posts on this thread also about how bad that is.
    Some well known poster has also used this as an example of golds demise.
    Firstly and most importantly, i have read a number of articles on this subject and none of them write about/ or explain why this is happening in detail
    They simply state numbers and figures etc.and make a reference to the pandemic.
    I suspect that one of the reasons is ofcourse is the virus which is blamed for anything and everything these days.
    Most of the articles paint a ' bad ' picture for gold.
    As if it is now not a safe haven, lost its power etc.
    And that we might be at the edge of a gold price collapse.
    Which may be the case
    However, there could also be exactly the opposite senario.
    ie THERE MAY BE A GOLD SHORTAGE.
    and thats why there is a massive drop in jewelry sales.
    The $2000 present price would possibly explain that.
    Along with the fact that Comex had to allow the delivery of just about any kind of gold for settlement of its contracts. That would certainly explain a possible gold shortage. Along with the fact that central bank buying has seen massive amounts over the last 10 years tajen from the market , thus leaving less available. Yes one could argue that this has kept prices up. But the fact that countries are repratriating gold and storing it would negate that to some degree.
    Anyways, the point i am trying to make is that it is very possible that the sharp decline in Indian jewelry sales could be for reasons of gold shortage among other things. Yet the media can sort of portray the opposite.
    i see a story unfolding that will make gold front and centre. Govts buying big and a surge in price over the last 12 months along with the economic outfall from covid and the unprecedented ' money printing' will
    drive gold. Along with the fact that it does not look like that your ' average' person ' should ' be allowed to own gold.
    ie the price will shut people out from owning much gold. It will be too expensive.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.